With each release we will be adding more Data Vault 2.0 table templates, helpful macros and productivity enhancements. We hope to tailor new features to the requirements of our community, making the package the best, and most useful it can be.
We will be releasing changes incrementally, so you can reap the benefits as soon as features are developed.
Contribute to dbtvault¶
- Do you have some ideas? Let us know what you want added
- Want to contribute your own work? Read our contribution guidelines
Manage metadata at scale¶
We are developing an open-source CLI utility to generate and different aspects of a Data Vault 2.0 and dbtvault project.
The planned features for this tool include:
- Generating documentation placeholders (YAML, Markdown)
- Generate dbtvault models (.sql files with calls to dbtvault macros).
- Ingest metadata generated by tools such as Erwin DM, WhereScape and more, to drive generation of above.
- Generation of above using user-provided metadata in YAML.
Development is still ongoing, and is still in the very early features. If you have any ideas, or are interested in hearing more, contact Datavault directly:
These features have been planned for the next major release.
- Google BigQuery Support: Initially Hubs, Links and Satellites
MSSQL Server Support: Initially Hubs, Links and Satellites
We will incrementally increase support for Google BigQuery and MSSQL Server v0.8.x versions
In future releases, we hope to include the following:
- Amazon Redshift
- Status Tracking Satellites
- Reference Tables
- Mart loading helpers
- And more!
- Specialised Data Vault 2.0 specific custom schema tests
- Effectivity Satellite improvements (simplification)
- Business vault structures and helper macros
- More global configuration options (particularly around column naming)